Saturday, August 1, 2015

How to make your Childrens clothes last longer

Making your kids clothes last longer


Im not only a crafter but also a Mother and I know how expensive kids clothes can be.  I have a few tips on how to make your kids clothes last longer.

  1. Wash all jeans in cold and inside out ( this will help to prevent your jeans from fading so quick and looking old)
  2. Always line dry sweaters or special fabrics,  ( sweaters get very funny after you put them in the dryer and get fuzzies very quickly)
  3. If you have an old stain you cannot get out, soak the stain in color safe bleach than launder as usual.
  4. Never ever Never, buy your children White Clothes... LOL, my children have only worn a white shirt once and they always get stains on them.
  5. When you dry a jacket (with fur on the hood) in the dryer,  the fur always mats down,  I use a fine bristle brush and brush the fur and fluff it up so it looks somewhat better.
  6. Washing Tennis Shoes, I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for the bottom rubber sides of the shoes and they come very clean.  I will also pour a small amount of laundry soap on the shoe and scrub with a scrub brush or rag.  You can also throw them in the washing machine, but they will take a long time to dry in the dryer.
  7.  My daughter always scuffed the front of her dress shoes and I would get so frustrated how bad they looked after wearing them one time.  Here are some things that worked for me if the scuffs weren't big.  For Black shoes I have used a black sharpee, black finger nail polish, black shoe polish.   For brown shoes , I used brown shoe polish. For white shoes, white out, white paint.
  8. I usually line dry all of my kids dress clothes because it keeps them looking nicer longer. The dryer seems to beat up fabric pretty quickly.
I hope this helps you keep your kids clothes nicer longer, It has helped me.  If you have any great tips please share them with me and I will blog about it also.  Thanks Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment